St Mary Aldermary
The east window, by Lawrence Lee, shows the Crucifixion flanked by the Virgin Mary and St John, while below is the Annunciation with the Agnus Dei flanked by St Antholin (right) and St Nicholas (left). At the base are small panels depicting the Nativity, the Presentation in the Temple, the Deposition, the Marys at the Sepulchre, and Christ and Mary Magdalene in the Garden.
The windows date mainly from the early 1950's and replace the Victorian stained glass windows shattered by the air raids of 1940-41. .
The South Chapel window, also by Lawrence Lee shows the Virgin Mary and Child flanked by St Thomas and St John the Baptist with, below, a roundel of the church tower and the kneeling figure of Wren.
The west window by John Crawford, commemorates the defence of London against air attack in the 1939-45 War. It depicts the Risen Christ in Glory with the Hand of God the Father and the Holy Spirit in the form of a Dove. Above are the Instruments of the Passion, while below are the emblems of the four Evangelists. The lower lights show St Michael overcoming the Dragon, representing the force of good vanquishing evil, with St Peter (left) and St Paul (right). At the base is a panorama of London, displaying the arms of the various Services involved. The painting of the Transfiguration in the blocked off window at the west end of the north aisle is by Clayton and Bell and dates from 1876.